Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Final Meltdown

My latest movie choice was Rocky I.  I was super excited for this one, however an hour into it, all I could think was how did they make 4 more of these?  The action doesn't start happening until the last half hour of the movie.  The first hour you just get a glimpse of how he could have been something great but let it all slip away.  He never had a prime.  He never got anywhere.  Finally he gets his chance, and I thought in real life would someone really get away with waiting that long to pick themselves?

When he finally does pick himself he gets the support he always wanted from more people than he thought he would.  Moral:  You can't get a pat on the back unless you do something worth a congratulations.

I wake up the day before and just think, is it over yet?  Do I really have to pick myself up again.  Can't I just press a fast forward button.  Eventually I'll get there.  Eventually.  In 10 years it won't matter...  In 10 years it won't matter....  Well at this rate, in 10 years I might be somewhere I don't want to be.  So maybe I've had more meltdowns than the average person, Maybe I've let myself fall a few too many times, but for some reason I'm still trekking and there is no time like the present to pick yourself back up.  People can't think you're fabulous unless you give them a reason to think so.
Tip today, get up, get moving, and get something done.  Go all the way this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment