Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Guilty Pleasures Make the Day Go By and Give You Some Personality

Without the occasional guilty pleasure, what would life be?  You're more fabulous with little odd quirks in you.  So if you don't have a guilty pleasure: get one... or better yet get more.  They are great conversation starters, and personally what keep me going through the day.  Here are examples of some of mine:

1.  Daily Puppy.com













Molly the Mixed Breed Pictures 763211

Pingu the Terrier Mix Pictures 760449



Amber the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Pictures 751441

Barney the Weimaraner Pictures 757102


I mean come on.  Look at those little cuties.  No matter how bad your day is going, puppies will never cease to make you smile (unless you're a cat person).  They're just so innocent and happy.  And they are total babe magnets.  Although I have to say the last little guy might want to look into a nose job.

2. Olive Garden



Okay I really have no idea where this guilty pleasure comes from.  I mean I'm Italian, I eat real Italian food.  I go to nice restaurants, I don't normally eat at chains.  Something about Olive Garden is just so homey.  One evening, halfway through my two hour wait for a table (why people wait that long for fake Italian food I just don't know), a server came up with a basket and asked, "Would you like a complimentary breadstick while you're waiting?"  Part of me seriously wanted to start laughing, I mean it was as if I was at the Ritz Carlton and they were offering me a glass of champagne while I was waiting.  I mean its Olive Garden, it's like an upscale McDonalds.  But I have to say an even bigger part of me answered, "Absolutely!  How nice of you!"  When I start having a desire to eat at a Red Lobster, I'll start being concerned, but Olive garden is just such an experience.  Even though their food is frozen and their desserts require assembly if you ask for them to go (they seriously do) Olive Garden just does it for me.

3.  Tanning


Bad, bad orange spray tan.



















Why is it that even when I know I look like the above, I just can't stop.  Yes I glow in the street, my teeth become reflective, and that I don't live on an island, but the experience is just so relaxing.  And who wants to be pasty?

4. Jersey Shore


Aside from enjoying the actual content of the show, these people also manage to remind me why I should abort the previously stated guilty pleasure of tanning, and why I should never wear Ed Hardy.  And that sunglasses at night are socially acceptable to wear if you think you look like crap.


5. Animated films







The above are just a few of the Rated-G movies I've seen recently.  Yes, I'm way above the age of 10, but look at that little easter bunny?  Cutest movie ever.  I need to find a little kid to see these things with, then maybe it'll be a bit more socially acceptable.

6. Maps.



I own a globe, 3 different Atlases, used to have a map of the United States, and have a large (and very fabulous) cities of the world book.  Oh and in my spare time, I play with maps on Sporcle.com.  And I can name all of the state capitals, along with many of the providences in Canada, and every country in the world.  It's not the coolest hobby, but it's a fabulous guilty pleasure.

7. Baby Back Ribs.



They messy.  They're manly.  They're barbaric.  But they are amazing.


Moral of this story:  I know many people who like none of the above guilty pleasures and would actually rather have a root canal than spend their time doing any of these (okay maybe not an actual root canal).  However, these are the things that keep me going throughout the day.  Everyone has their little quirks that they get excited about, or at least they should.  So embrace a guilty pleasure.  It'll give you a bit more personality and will definitely make your day more fabulous.


No comments:

Post a Comment