Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It Can Always Get Worse

So I’m having a bad day.  But wait, let's stop right there, because aren’t I supposed to be having 100 days of happiness?  I don’t know that challenge is so ridiculous.  But when you think about it, do you really want to spend any day of your life unhappy? 

But its raining.  And not even normal raining.  It is like sci fi movie raining, ready to set  the tone for godzilla’s first attack.  I'm just waiting for a tornado to form and Noah's Ark to sail through with pairs of each animal.  

So as I drive an hour home in probably the worst rain I’ve ever driven in, I think, well it could be worse, right?  It can always be worse.  If you get stranded on a desert island it can always be worse.  So here’s how it could have gotten worse for me:

1.     I could not have a car.  I could be out in the rain waiting for the bus.  And then the bus could never come, and then I’d just be standing in the rain.  Alone.  And wet.  And then I'd realize my life really sucks because I have to take a bus everyday.
2.     I could get into a car accident.  Then I’d be stuck in the rain, and without transportation, and I’d have to wait for rescue and then deal with insurance agencies.  And then I wouldn't have a car.  And would have to take a bus (see above).
3.     I could get a flat tire.  And then have to wait for someone to come and change it, while I wait stranded in the rain.  And then realize, wow I'm not even capable of changing a flat tire?
4.     I could be driving through an actual river…oh wait it looks like this road is becoming a river.  Well at least I drove through the beginning part of the river forming.
5.     A zombie apocalypse could happen right at this moment.  And then I’d be fending for my life…in the rain.  I'd be soaked and grossed out.  
6.     My radio could stop working.  Then I’d just be driving in silence.  Or my radio could get stuck on one awful song (insert any Nickelback song), and I’d be forced to listen to that on repeat for an hour and a half.
7.     My windshield-wipers could stop working.  That would be an issue.
8.     I could not have a job.  Then I wouldn’t even be driving at all at this moment.  And that would totally suck.
9.     I could have just gotten my license a week ago and been horrified that this is what driving is like.
10. Okay I can’t think of a 10th thing, this day seriously sucks and I could care less about this 100 days of happiness. 

So I get home.  Take two advil and take a very loooongg nap.  Then I wake up and turn on the news (accidentally) and OMG people are salvaging their belongings and being rescued by canoes.  Oh.  Oh. Oh? Yep… my day was not that bad in comparison.


Note: it can always get worse, don’t ask for it.  Embrace that the present is all you have to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment