Sunday, May 4, 2014

Simplify




So every now and then I just want to write a completely self-deprecating blog post.  Usually on Sundays, because no offense to the Sunday freaks out there, Sundays totally suck (except for Sunday night TV, Sunday night TV is like a gift from God).  I'm not into having the pressure of trying to make the most of your last day off before the workweek starts, or the idea of family dinners that happen at 3pm (I'm Italian, I can say that).  But back to the point- sometimes I just want to go on and on about the woes and hardships of life.  Writing words that just break down my self esteem, make me feel sorry for myself, and then curl in a ball and hope I never have to get up.  But that’s just every now and then.

For the past few months I’ve been all about happiness and positive energy.  I've been unhappy for extended periods of time and I never want to feel that way again.  I never want anyone else to feel that way ever.  Do you really want to imagine your life next week and think this day is really going to suck.  No, and why should it?  You may not be able to control where you are in your life and what you’re currently doing with it, but you can control how you feel each second of each day. 

If I imagined my life 5 years ago as it is today, I would be horrified and disappointed.  But today, I’m happier than ever and completely satisfied with how it's all working out.  I’m not as judgmental.  I’m not as concerned of what other people think.  I don’t try to change what I can not change or wish things had worked out differently.  And I accept who I am and embrace it.  Sometimes I wish who I was could be more compatible with more members of society, but I can’t change it.  I wish I hated I clothes.  I wish I hated makeup.  I wish I liked gross things.  Or had a remote interest in the subject of science.  But without all that, it wouldn’t make me, me. 


Everything works out as its supposed to.  Everyone is the person they are for whatever reason.  It cant be reversed.  It shouldn’t be reversed.  I may want to change who I am at times.  Or where I am.  Or how I feel about certain issues.  Or how things happened.  Or didn’t happen.  But all that aside, think, “Is this moment, of this day, making me happy? And if it’s not, then how can I change it?” 

Without the hard times, you wouldn’t know how to be as great as the person you are today.  Or will be next year.  Or five years from now.  Simplify your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment