Monday, April 21, 2014

100 Days of Happiness?

So I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning…again.  Which is safely an understatement as to how I've been feeling lately.  Another Monday, another day at the salt mine.  Can I just lay in my bed and lament at the horrors of life?  Working…driving…walking…moving…having to point the remote at the TV instead of being able to use telekinesis.  So I thought today would be a perfect day to start that 100 days of happiness thing.  Instantly my mind shot that idea down…who has the energy to be happy? Realizing that that was completely ridiculous, I decided to proceed with the challenge.  I thought okay I’m going to treat today like its my birthday.  But wait..aren’t you supposed to spend your birthday with people you know? Ok so that’s out.  I’m just going to try to put on a smile, pretend to be happy, and eat my way through this day. 

Well I smiled a lot…not too hard, not too painful.  I moved around a lot…made the day go by quicker, not too painful.  Ate a huge lunch…okay eating my way through this day was not a good idea and now I’m instantly reminded how I need to work out immediately.  Bought something…always an immediate mood booster.  Although it was more of a functional purchase than a fun purchase…so eh.

Okay the day is going okay, nothing significantly horrible has happened, my mood seems better.  I get home, shower.  I have a huge to do list over there, completely ignoring that.  Lay in bed to continue binge watching Dexter and boom my cable box isn’t working.  Okay move on to my laptop.  No internet connection.  Move on to my iPad, no connection.  Seriously?  Okay reset the cable box, reset the router.  I am all set to watch TV and do nothing.

Okay it’s safe to say this day wasn’t a total loss but wasn’t a total win either.  I could have YOLO-ed the day a little more...but live and learn.  Instead of dreading tomorrow, I’m excited and determined to challenge myself for happiness day 2. 


It’s easy to be negative, it’s harder to be positive.  Challenge yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment