Sunday, October 6, 2013

On Sunday the Lord Said "Let There Be Rest"


Today was Sunday.  Is Sunday.  Will cease to be Sunday in 3 minutes.  I woke up at 1:30 in the afternoon.  Therefore I missed the first half of Sunday.  I woke up late because I went to sleep late.  Its such an endless cycle. 

I woke up and then I showered.  If you don’t shower everyday then you’re probably depressed...or smell.  So I showered.  I styled my hair.  I ate lunch and I drank coffee.  Coffee is by far the highlight of my day everyday.  I mean there’s just something about the taste of pumpkin spice. 

I watched Saturday Night Live because for some reason I have a hard time watching things on television when they’re actually on and feel the need to complicate things for myself.  And also because I don’t like football and that seems to be the only acceptable topic of conversation on a Sunday.
Then I drove to a different US state.  I was in two different US states today.  And then I went home.  I watched endless amounts of TV.  I ate dinner.  I watched more TV.

So now here is the point of the story where I can go deeper and write some exotic metaphor about showering and mental health.  Or the monotomy of life and how to break out of it. Or about what the deal with pumpkin spice coffee is.  Or about binge watching tv-is it a bad thing? Or a how-to on organizing your tv schedule and still living a productive life.  Or football mania and how its such an important part of American culture.  But....it’s still technically Sunday. 

Sunday.  The only day of the week where it’s acceptable to do nothing and speak to no one and feel proud about it. 

There's 6 other days of the week to make sense of it all.  Sunday is your moment sit back, relax, be a narcisist, and be proud.  I mean its kind of written in the Bible.  Well the relax part is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment