Friday, August 1, 2014

Hoarding Problems: A Day in the Life of a Fashionista



Hoarding treatment targets thoughts, behaviors, and feelings.




I never really realized that I had a hoarding problem until very recently.  Like an hour ago recently.  Yet I never feel like I have enough stuff.  Then I realize I have an overwhelming amount of stuff and it makes me want to collapse.  Like how much money has been spent on all this crap.  I could be driving a Range Rover or buying a plane ticket to Asia or something.

It is soooo much easier to just ignore the excess baggage (literal baggage) than to deal with organizing it.  Its like I don’t want to develop some type of OCD problem but this insane amount of crap is making me insane.  So it’s either organize it or throw it all out.  Most of it I wont really miss or even remember that I have.  But some of it I need- like toothpaste and shampoo need.  Therefore I am forced to go through it, if I want to start to be able to walk without bumping into something.

Hours later (or minutes later I'm not really sure) I feel a little more free than initially, but I still feel pretty stressed and pretty grossed out.  Actually I feel more stressed out and unorganized than before I started.  Like, maybe I should go through everything again- maybe I didn’t throw out enough.  Maybe now I’m throwing out too much.  Did I even get anywhere?  There’s still so much.  Now I know why people wear the same thing everyday and travel with a backpack.  Actually why do I feel like I wear the same thing everyday?  And why do I feel like I don’t have anything? 

Okay, okay.  Let me go through this and ask myself.  Do I need this right now and will I miss it in 10 years? I don’t know, printed sweatshirts might be a fashion statement in 10 years.  Actually in 10 years I’ll probably just buy a new one. 


Challenge: every time you buy something- throw one thing out (Unless it’s some type of storage container).  Well don't throw everything out.  Donate some of it. You won’t even remember it existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment