Friday, November 8, 2013

The Declaration of...ME


So I came home late from work last night, exhausted as usual.  And Fever Pitch was on HBO… or it could have been Showtime or it could have been Starz.  Well the channel isn’t important.  So it was on, I’ve seen it before, it was cute, I’m tired and don’t have control over the remote, so I’m watching it.  There was one scene where Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore make fun of that typical, whiny, needy girl…and then they decide they're made for each other and then they start dating (and probably get married at the end, I don't know because I fell asleep).  Because she's that cool, hot, laid-back girl he's been looking for, and he's that guy who's ridiculously hot, but nerdy, and is broke.

Well in a way I was kind of offended because well I am that girl that they were making fun of.  I’m not that cool girl who can just hang with the guys and do guy things, etc, etc.  And I'm not going to change, so I'm owning all of those annoying, girly things in this post:

1.     I’m not that person who wakes up brushes their teeth and is just ready to go.  I will take a long time to get ready, I do like wearing makeup for no reason, and I do get annoyed if my nails chip.
2.     I don’t talk in a deep man voice.  My voice is nasally, it is high pitched and somewhat annoying, and I do end all of my sentences as if I’m asking a question, but really I’m making a statement.
3.      I giggle, I watch Bravo, and my favorite color is lavender.
4.     Beer IS gross and I would rather drink something pink with fruit in it.
5.     I would rather stay home and watch cute animal videos and Britney’s Spears on YouTube than go to <insert any team name> sports game with you.
6.     Bugs are scary and I will act like there’s a murderer in my home.
7.     I’m not that cool laid back girl who just can’t hang out with girls.  Most of my friends are girls and we do talk about boys.
8.     I hate making my own coffee, and my typical coffee order does consist of a nonfat iced latte preferably pumpkin spice or some other flavor that a man would never be caught dead drinking.
9.     I will get annoyed if someone spills something on my outfit or it starts raining and my hair gets ruined.
10. I do overuse the words/phrases "obsessed" "fabulous" "for sure" and "cute."

Moral: just be yourself and own it 100%.  Don’t change just because someone else makes fun of you or thinks its uncool.  I’m not going to drink drinks I don’t like or spend my free time doing activities I’m not that interested in.  Just be genuine :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment